Friday, February 20, 2009

So here I am sitting on the couch with R watching the news and tempting her to eat Ritz crackers with me...She is totally taking the bate. This has been a long week for all of us in the house. Everyone is glad its the weekend.

I decided to let myself sleep in and sit on the couch all day. Well I didn't really mean to sit on the couch all day but that's what happened in between my loads of laundry (which I have not done in like 3 weeks).

So here I am debating on if I should jump in the shower now or later. I have this big date with TN tonight. It has been long anticipated. He initially asked me out for V-day but said he had to work so he was going to try to get off. If he couldn't get off Saturday night, he could get off Friday night, but that was the night we were going out for T's birthday bash. Then he suggested Thursday night, but he gets out of class at 10. Then what? we go out for a few drinks and I either take a cab back by myself, which would cost like 20 bucks, or stay over there? I don't think so. That's not much of a date... am I wrong?

I then counter suggested Monday night, it was after V-day but not that much further after that it couldn't be considered a Valentines date. He agreed. Then he told me he had to go home to his moms house to pick some stuff up so he would have to postpone our dinner... really?!

After all this build up he goes and postpones our dinner to tonight. So that brings me to my current dilemma: what to wear. Hmmmm...

Another dilemma that I have been faced with recently is trying to find a job. I know that I should already be contacting people with my resume and cover letter, but I'm scared. I am taking my sweet time writing my cover letter and finding places to send it out to. I am scared because it is completely out of my control, kind of. I know that the job market sucks and I know that I am not going to limit myself to only Philly, so I think I should get a job somewhere. Whether it is in PR or something close to it. My real dream is to go abroad and work in London or Rome. Or Paris or anywhere else in Europe.

Sorry, tangent. I should go find something to wear. Ill write about the big date at some point this weekend. Tomorrow night I get to babysit! I am watching 11 month twin boys. They are so adorable, but tomorrow night they should be asleep before I even get there... I can just bring a book, read on the couch and get paid for it! What a sweet deal. And Im hurting for some cash right now, so it is perfect timing!

-L

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Have fun on the date..I can't wait to hear about it on our Tuesday lunch date!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey there

    Make sure you ask me to look up details of the PR agency my friend works at. I went to a house party/girls night last night and 3 girls there are in PR so it could be a good connection.

    Also- just throwing this out there. Along with you resume and cover letter, why not send a Press Release --- for you. Detailing what you are all about, what your into etc. I think that could be fun.

    Good luck on the date!

    ReplyDelete