Sunday, March 1, 2009

Social media is starting to freak me out...

Okay, so. I have decided that this whole social media phenomena is starting to get a little ridiculous. I mean I love it, its great for networking and keeping in touch with friends but when I can sit through a whole conversation at lunch and already know the story via twitter, facebook and blogs... I start to get concerned.

Maybe I need to do my work or update my resume/cover letter instead of sitting in the tech center knowing whats going on in all of my friends lives... and strangers lives, I should add. I guess there is no turning back now since I am addicted, but it still can get a little weird. We are trying to keep this fairly anonymous so we have something to talk to our friends about on the phone...

Another thing this new social media has been altering is dating... I mean, I have been asked out twice via facebook message. At first I thought it was weird, well I still do kinda. But I am learning to accept it because if you think about it, its not that strange. Most college kids spend A LOT of time on FB and we are all on it all the time. Its part of our way of life, its part of our culture now. So why wouldn't we integrate it into our love lives? Its not anonymous but you do not have to deal with the nerv-racking, talking to someone in person/phone, which is a cop out anyway but it seems to be more and more accepted.

Just something I have been thinking about lately... while procrastinating and not writing my cover letter and sending out my resume...

xo
L

1 comment:

  1. Ohhhh, L....you LOVE social media..don't lie. Although, it is slightly annoying to re-tell stories that you already know! Haha, you love knowing what's going on in everyone's life though..Do your damn cover letter. If you don't do it this week, I'm going to write the damn thing for you.

    ReplyDelete